5/13/2013

It's been a while...

...a very long while and I'm really sorry for that but I just had no motivation at all to sit in front of the computer after work and write something. But I agree - it's about time for a new update!! :)

By now am already in Alaska for 2.5 months and have of my internship is over. It's crazy how fast time goes by - 10 more weeks of work and that's it. Oh man I don't even know where to start :-D Well, a couple of weeks ago Katrin, Angelina and I went to Girdwood which is a big ski area about 1h south of Anchorage to see the Slush Cup 2013 and it was pretty funny. Every year they have spring carnival down there for a weekend with a coupe of different events like e.g. ice water swimming. The highlight of the spring carnival is the Slush Cup where people ski down a hill, dressed up in the funniest costumes and jump into freezing cold water. Well, the goal is actually to kind of water-ski across that pool but most of them ended up inside the pool.


The drive down to Girdwood was just amazingly beautiful. The highway goes right along Turnigan Arm so you have the mountains and the train on one side and water on the other side.




No comments:

Post a Comment