Today I finally had my appointment at the embassy in Frankfurt which meant we had to get up at 4am….Luckily there wasn’t that much traffic so I was there right in time for my appointment at 8.30. I think I had to wait in line forever just to get into the building….passport control, security check etc.
Then they told me that I was 15 minutes too early so I had to leave the building and wait outside – seriously??? Well, 15 mins later I was in line again and this time allowed to go into the main building.
We got a number and information how to order all our forms and then I had to wait for over an hour until I finally could go to the first counter. I got rid of all the paperwork, they took my fingerprints and then I had to wait again. Half an hour later I got to the next counter, the one where they decide whether
I get the visa or not, so I was really nervous when I talked to that officer. He wanted to know EVERYTHING, why I want to go to the US, where I am will live there, how many kids I will take care of etc. After talking to him for like 15 mins he told me that my visa is approved and I was all set :-)
Since the weather was so nice we decided to stay in Frankfurt and go shopping but I was so tired that we went back home early in the afternoon. Back home an email from my host mom was already waiting for me and I was so excited to tell her that everything went well and I was all set to go to the US :-)
I also received my flight information for the flight to Boston a while a go already:
Flight 1 Thursday, July 09, 2009
Departure: 03:45 PM Newark, USA - Newark Liberty International
Arrival: 05:08 PM Boston, USA - Logan International
Airline: Continental Airlines CO1132 Duration: 1:23
Aircraft: Boeing 737-500
No comments:
Post a Comment