Better late than never :-D I was just way too busy and didn't really have time to write anything but that's gonna change now!!!
My first week of work went really well. At the beginning I mainly watched others work so I could get a general idea of how things are handled and what all the different tasks are throughout the day. Every now and then I got a small "assignment" to do so I could get used to the computer setup and the reservation/booking system of the company. By now I am already in my third week, got my own desk and computer, own log in and everything you need to be able to work on your own. Also, my daily tasks got way more complex; I get to enter reservations, book package tours, put together customized trips and more and so far I really like it a lot. I think it's super interesting and it's amazing how much I have learned in only two weeks :-)
(For everyone who wants to know what our company does feel free to check out our website so you can get a better picture: All Alaska Tours ).
Alaska is still great and beautiful. Except for one day the skies are blue and the sun has been shining every day. It also got a little warmer last week (6 - 8 degrees Celsius) but that didn't last too long. The last few days the temperatures have been far below 0 but you really get used to it and it is a different cold than I am used to - it's very dry and it doesn't feel that cold at all.
Last weekend I went skiing with Angelina, one of the Au Pairs up here. We went to a ski area that's only about 10 minutes away and not too big but we thought it would be good for the beginning since we both haven't been skiing for a ling time. It's was a lot of fun but after a while the slopes gt a bit boring so next time we are going to Alyeska, Alaska's premier ski resort :)



It's time for another update :)
ReplyDeleteEin paar Neuigkeiten Bitte!
ReplyDeleteWenn du mir verraetst wer du bist dann gibts es vielleicht auch bald einen neuen Eintrag
DeleteIch verbringe bald auch eine Zeit in Anchorage und bin nun natürlich sehr neugierig wie es dir da so gefällt ;)
DeleteWieso schreibst du nichts mehr?
ReplyDelete