3/03/2013

I Love Alaska!!!

...which is why I haven't had time to post anything yet. I spent the last days walking around exploring the city and so far I love every single bit of it!!!

After I landed here on Tuesday night I already saw the first, but unreal ice bear at the airport. A nice welcome statue from the city of Anchorage :-) The first few nights I stayed at a hotel and really enjoyed having my bed made and my room cleaned every day, free coffee, breakfast etc. hihi. The guy from the airport shuttle told me that there is some kind of carnival/fair going on right now (the event is called Fur Rondy) and that there are lots of activities and events throughout the city so another reason to get up early on Thursday morning and see what's going on!!!
One of the highlights was the Iditarod on Saturday morning - for everyone who doesn't know what it is it's the biggest dog sled race in the world also known as "The Last Great Race on Earth". It starts in Anchorage every year and goes all the way up to Nome (1,050 miles long). The city was beyond crowded and people came from all over the world just to see the start of the race. In the afternoon there was the run of the reindeer but I missed it since I met up for lunch with Angelina (an Au Pair from Germany). We had a fun afternoon tho and she showed me some other parts of Anchorage.

I have already found a room here and moved in on Friday - my favorite part of this place is the view out of my bedroom:


Here are some more pictures so you can get a first impression. For me it's almost time to go to bed so I won't have trouble waking up tomorrow morning for my first day at work :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment