7/20/2012

One year in Breda in one post

My first year Breda was a lot of fun and especially the first 6 months have been the best time in college so far and I'm sure nothing's gonna change that. I got to know so many amazing people from all around the world and am really lucky to have them as friends and got to experience my first months of college with them!!!

Well, there was also some studying involved since I wanted to go on exchange to the US which at first didn't seem to work out because another student with a higher average grade got accepted. Big disappointment at first so I booked my flight to go visit my host family during summer vacation. 
Towards the end of the school year I received the best news ever!!! One of my friends who was a student at the school I wanted to go to told me that the girl that got accepted in first place wasn't going anymore and that the spot was free again. Right the next day I went to our International Office where they confirmed the information and told me that, if I was still interested, they would send my information to the States and if they agreed I could still go on exchange!!! :) :)
A few days later it was official: I got accepted at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI which is only 45 mins away from my host family and only an hour away from Boston <3 I couldn't have been any luckier!!!!
Unfortunately I had already booked my flight for the summer and I didn't want to change it so I was hoping that everything was going to work out with my visa etc. and long story short: it did!!! :)

A couple of pics from my first year in Breda:
Ladies night





     
Carnival in Breda
                 


We also went on a field trip to Slovenia during that time which was a lot of fun!!!


The Mediterranean 


View from our awesome 5 star pension





No comments:

Post a Comment