My actual plan was to stay in Framingham until Monday morning when I had to return the rental but since it got really nasty and windy on Sunday afternoon/evening I decided to dive back to Providence Sunday night already.
On the way back I stopped at Target and OMG - people were going crazy!!! There was no more water, no bread, no crackers....nothing!!! People were stocking up for the next days not knowing how bad the storm is going to be. So I also decided to get some flashlights just in case and you couldn't miss them when entering the store since the whole shelf was full of flashlights, candles and batteries.
Driving back to Providence wasn't fun at all. It was really windy, rainy and dark and there were a few moments where I was thinking about pulling over but I made it back safe eventually.
The next day Sandy was supposed to hit the East Coast very bad and unfortunately she did. We got quite lucky here in New England even though a lot of people lost power for a few hours, trees were down and a lot of flooded roads but compared to what happened down in NY and NJ we did get lucky. Although some coastal areas of RI also got hit very bad.
![]() |
| Somewhere in NY |
For me Sandy only meant no power for a few minutes and no school for two days. It was scary to see what a storm like that can do and how many people have lost their homes within a few hours.....



No comments:
Post a Comment