10/30/2012

Visit from Germany

For the last couple of days Philippa, my brother's girlfriend, came to visit me and her best friend who is in Philly right now.
The first couple of days she spent in Philadelphia and then came down here to Providence on Wednesday. After she unpacked (she brought all my snow clothes) we went to the mall to do some first shopping and also had dinner there.

5 mins after Philippa arrived ;-)
Thursday morning we did some sight seeing but since there's not that much to see in Provi and it also was kinda chilly outside we ended up at Starbucks very soon trying to decide what to do next and the answer was pretty obvious: SHOPPING!!!! We went to the mall where we spent a couple of hours before we went to Marshalls where we spent another few hours before we headed back home for dinner.
From Friday on we had a rental car and the plan was to drive up to Framingham and spend the weekend there. The boys have met Philippa before and were really excited to see her again BUT we had to stop at the outlets first on our way up there :-) I didn't find a winter coat but ended up buying a purse at Nine West :-)


When we got to Framingham N. and Celeste were outside and N. wasn't quite sure whether he should be really excited or really shy but it didn't take him that long to warm up and hide behind me. When Philippa took out the German Kinderriegel she got N.'s full attention :-D
Later on we went out for dinner with a couple of other Au Pair to.....yes, the Cheesecake Factory :-)


The next day started with a visit at the ER.....Early in the morning Philippa woke me up because her eyes were all swollen up and she could barely see so we went to the ER right away. They kept us there for about 5 hours, gave Philippa two IVs so she pretty much slept the whole time while I was sitting there and pretty much looked like a mess. Especially in situations like that I love having my host family around. My host mom kept checking in on us to see how it was going, made lunch for us and was about to come to the hospital when they finally released Philippa and we could go back home.
Our actual plan to go to the football game wasn't gonna happen. I mean Philippa was alright afterwards and did get a lot of sleep but I was exhausted, haven't taken a shower yet and it was too late anyway.

From Saturday to Sunday we had the boys overnight and I loved it!!! We took N. to Friendly's for dinner since B. was at the movie theater with his friends and played Just Dance Disney - so much fun and the best workout ever :-D
Sunday morning B. had Hebrew school so the boys and I first went out for breakfast before we dropped B off at school. 

Just Dance
Breakfast time
Eating MY Oreo Cheesecake :)
Later that day I had to bring Philippa to the airport so she could go back to Germany. It was a lot of fun having her here and now I also know the ERs in the States really do look like on all the TV shows like House, Grey's Anatomy etc :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment