Our first day started with a wake-up call at 6am and the phone was really loud!! After we all got ready we went to the restaurant to get some breakfast. When we arrived they warned us that the AC in the States can be really cold inside some buildings but so far we didn’t feel anything but when we walked into the conference room (where our class was) we kinda knew what they were walking about. It was freezing cold in there – outside it was about 80degrees while we were sitting inside wearing a sweatshirt – nice ;) Nothing exciting happened – we had class from 8am till 5am and most of the things we “learned” were about childcare of course, but everyone who babysitted before already knew all those things (so basically everyone in the room lol).
After class we were getting ready for the most exciting part of the day – NYC!!!! I don’t know how to describe it but it was AMAZING!!!! Everything is just big, buildings, streets, etc. Unfortunately we only had 1.5h to explore the ciity and do some shopping so we tried to get the most important things done: got a „I Love NY“-shirt, HardRock Cafe shirt and 10000 postcards :) Then our bus took off to Ground Zero and Statue of Liberty, but it already got dark so we couldn’t see that much.
When we got back to our hotel room our phone was blinking. No one knew why so Lea took it and pressed some buttons. All the sudden she got all excited telling me that it was a voice mail my host dad left for me :) So nice!! I couldn’t wait to finally meet them!!
Wednesday was about the same and after class we went to Walmart, the first American grocery store….well what should I say? Everything is BIG!!!! :D
On Thursday we only had class in the morning and then left for the airport around 2pm. Of course our flight was delayed so we tried to call our host parents but most of them had already left or the airport and since we only had the home number we couldn’t reach them anymore.
Anyways, after sitting in the airplane for way too long we finally took off to BOSTON :) where we arrived around 6pm with an awesome view.
When we left the plane we all got soooo nervous and excited. I guess I have never been that excited before. Sina didn’t stop talking at all and when we came down the escalator we saw the first host families standing there :) Everything was so awesome and my family made a huge welcome sign for me:) Everyone was so nice and the kids are super cute – it somehow felt like
we already knew each other for a long time!!! After getting my suitcase we went to the car and off to Framingham – my new home for one year! :)
The little one was sitting next to me in the car and was staring at me the whole time – so cute – I guess he was trying to figure out why there was a “stranger” in the car :D
On the way home I already got the first impression of Boston and the surrounding area. My host dad gave me some information about the city and buildings we passed but I was too tired to remember everything :) Framingham reminded me a little bit of “Sauerland” in Germany because there are some smaller hills around here.
At home I got a tour through the whole house and I love it – the best part is that I have my own
bathroom!! So awesome!! We ordered pizza for dinner and I went to bed right afterwards because I was pretty tired from all the travelling.


Die Freiheitsstatue ist, wenn man nicht rüberfährt, eh eher enttäuschend klein. Aber die NYC Tour scheint ja mal grandios geplant zu sein, denn den Times Square muss man eigentlich im dunkeln sehen, dann ist er viel beeindruckender! Hm, ich war nun 2x (04/2004 und 06/2009) da und beide Male war der naked Cowboy nicht da :/
ReplyDeleteOh nett, ich wollte immer mal wissen wie sich das verzögert, wenn ein Flieger in Newark nicht pünktlich starten kann ;) Ich habe ja gesehen, wie die da im Minutentakt starten und landen. Meine Flieger waren glücklicherweise alle pünktlich. Das beste war der Hinflug mit KLM!
Schön, dass du so gut empfangen wurdest. Ich hoffe das gute Gefühl hält auch nach wie vor an und wird es auch noch lange!
LG ausm nächtlichen Deutschland (00:19 Uhr).