The time is already going by way too fast!! I’m in the States already for 2.5 weeks and 1.5 weeks in Framingham at my host family in Framingham and I love it!!!
Lets start from the beginning: My first days here were totally relaxed and I already love being here. On Friday I was able to sleep ind and "recover" from my trip and first days in NYC. Around 12pm we went to a park where we had lunch and a lot of fun playing with the kids. Back at home my host dad had to leave for work and my host mom and I took the kids for a walk thru the neighborhood, I really like the area here. We met another family with two little kids and decided to go to an open-air concert close by. It was a lot of fun.
On Saturday I slept in again and then went to a birthday party with B. and my host mom. Back home I was supposed to drive “my” car for the first time. It is an automatic car so no big problems ;) They have a few different rules here in the US but I think driving here is much easier than in Germany. We drove through the neighborhood and the to a gas station so my host mom could show me how to get gas. The only thing that’s different is that you don’t need to go inside to pay for gas but just pay with your card at the gas pump right away.
Sunday was pretty relaxed as well. We went to Target and Stop&Shop to fill up the fridge and later on Larissa and Steffie, two other Au Pairs, came with their kids to welcome me :-) So nice!!
Monday was my first official work day and my host mom took Monday and Tuesday off to show me everything important, how to get to camp, what the kids eat etc.
On Wednesday I was alone with the kids for the first time and everything worked out well :-) At 8.40 both kids were sitting in the car and we drove B. to camp and I found the way right away. When we arrived I somehow started the alarm of the car. How to turn it off? No clue :D I pressed some buttons on the key which first made it worse and the horn started as well :D Somehow I managed to turn it off and the boys thought it was pretty entertaining :-)
Back home N. was ready to take a nap and afterwards it was already time to pick B. up. Back at home we played outside until 1.30. N. took another nap and B. and I played with some toys I the house until my host dad took over. :-)
On Thursday N. had a fever and therefore was really clings, wanted to be on my arm the whole time which meant that I had to do everything one-handed. When we arrived at camp I started the alarm again :D but now I know why so it hopefully won’t happen again.
On Friday I had two hours off in between but therefore had the kids in the afternoon since my host dad had to go to work. The weather was nice so we played outside in the pool. When my host mom came home we went to a local beach where we had dinner and a lot of fun with the family that we went to the concert to a week ago.
My first official work week was over and weekend was here :-) Saturday Ann-Christin and I went to the mall which we found after a few wrong turns :D Later on we wanted to go to the movie theatre to see Hangover but for some reason we couldn’t find it and drove around for about 1.5 hours :D but we managed to find it AND know the surrounding are pretty well now :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment