… and I still really love it
Ok since I haven’t posted anything for a while I’m gonna start at the beginning. Last week with the boys continued normal, apart from that this time the big one got sick so we stayed home and just hung out, read books, drew pictures, went to the pet store and toys’r’us. On Tuesday he felt better and went back to camp where I had to pick him up after an hour because he fell asleep. At home he got some medicine and went to bed. Wed and Thu were as usual – B. was back in camp and N. and I spend the day napping and playing at some local playgrounds :)
Fridays is no camp so both boys are at home and of course it was raining all day long. We went to the mall since there is an indoor playground but it was so crowded that we only stayed there for a few minutes and then went to McD for lunch.
Besides the fact that more milk ended up being on the floor and on B.’s shirt everything worked out pretty well :DLater on I met with Ann-Christin and we went to Starbucks and Target (love that store already).
On Saturday the two of us decided to go on “shopping-tour”. We went to the mall and I think I already found a store that I will visit a lot of times during the next months –it’s called Aeropostale and I actually could have bought almost everything they have there :) We went to Panera Bread for lunch –yummy, then to Target, Dunkin Donuts to get a delicious frozen Straberry Colata and then to Shoppers World, where we also left a lot of money :)
In the afternoon I had the boys and we were allowed to go to BK for dinner, where again more milk ended up on the floor than anywhere else :D
On Sunday the boys, my host mom and I went toRockport, where my host dad’s parents are living and my host dad had to go to NC for a couple of days. Rockport is right at the Atlantic coast so we went for a walk to the ocean and had lunch afterwards. It was a lot of fun since the grandfather is coming from Wuppertal but has been living in the States for a very long time already and we ended up speaking a mix of English and German :)
Afterwards we went to a quarry to go swimming -the water was freezing cold but it was kind of refreshing with temperatures 30°C!
This week started with two long days since my hd was still on his trip. On Monday we had a play-date with Larissa and her kids and on Tuesday we played outside in the pool for most of the day until my hd came back and I was off. The rest of the week went by as always, pool, playgrounds, toys’r’us etc.
Friday evening Larissa came over to say good bye to my host parents since her year in the States is over and she is getting ready to go back to Germany soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment