8/14/2009

Stop #2: Utica

We arrived in Utica arround 5pm hoping that we could go in the pool right away but the weather was against us so we only had dinner (Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread - sooo delicious!!) and then we went to the Ice Cream Factory to get some really good ice cream :) One of the neighbors is from Germany and she told me before that I should only get a small one since it’s huge – afterwards I regret that I didn’t order kids-size :D Americans definitely have a different interpretation of “small” lol

On Tuesday I could sleep in and we were hanging out at the pool all day long since the weather was pretty good again. My host mom’s sister came over, later on her fiancĂ© – seems like the door here is always open  Later on I had the boys since my hp’s went out for dinner and they were both great! 
Wednesday was about the same; my hd had to go back to MA for a few days and after dinner I went to the mall here with my host mom’s mom :) Thursday I had the boys the whole day together with my hm’s dad and one of their uncles since the others went wedding dress shopping. We went to a park after lunch but it was way too hot so we headed back home. I put the little one down for his nap and had a blast with B. in the pool!! After dinner we went in the pool one more time since the boys’ cousin came over and B. was all excited to play with him :) Tomorrow (on my bday :) ) we are all heading to Elmira where we are going to stay at a hotel and meet the whole family from all over the States to celebrate my hm’s grandma’s bday and my bday as well hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment