8/21/2009

Stop #3: Elmira

Better late than never I finally have some time to write this entry :)

After waking up I went downstairs where everyone was already waiting to wish me a happy bday :)
First present I got: a bag of M&M’s from my host mom’s dad :) He must have seen me eating those during the last days and bought them for me in the morning – so cute :) I got awesome presents from my host family and my hm’s parents which I totally didn’t expect!!
Later on we left for Elmira where we checked in at our hotel and waited for the others to arrive from everywhere :D We went to a big park with an small amusement park or sth like that where we all had lunch. I actually don’t know exactly who it was but I think my hm’s aunt (who didn’t even know me) made a birthday cake for me – sooooo nice – and of course I had to wear the typical American birthday hat :D :D (pics might follow)
On Saturday we celebrated my hm’s grandma’s bday at a restaurant with some delicious food :) Later on everyone was hanging out at the hotel pool, we ordered pizza and had some drinks. Sunday morning after breakfast we got ready for our 6 hour car ride back home. Wasn’t that bad with a stop at McD and since my hm’s back was hurting I had to drive the rest of the way. First time on the high way and that with our big car – yay  Ok it is actually the same than the Autobahn in Germany but you are not allowed to drive fast at all!!! Between 90 and 105kmh was the maximum…..of course I drove too fast a couple of times but I was just trying to keep up with my hd :D
Back at home we only unpacked the cars, went to the grocery store and off to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment